Portugal issues a golden residence permit and visa to investors who:
1. Buy real estate in Portugal worth EUR 500,000 (special cases may require less);
2. Invest EUR 1 million in a bank, or
3. Generate 10 new job positions through an investment in Portugal.
The Portugal residency programme allows you to travel all Schengen countries without any restrictions.
After 6 years of residence it is possible to apply for Portuguese passport and citizenship!
1. Residence permission in Portugal (the residence permit is a valid ID);
2. The freedom to travel in all the Schengen Area;
3. To obtain valid residence permits for family members under the “family regrouping” process;
4. Residence permission in Portugal (the residence permit is a valid ID);
5. To benefit from public services accessible to Portuguese citizens, such as public schools, health services
6. Right to perform a professional activity in Europe.
Portugal Golden Visa - Practical Details
You will not be required to live in Portugal but you must stay at least 7 days in the first year and 14 days in the subsequent years to qualify for Portugal residency.
As long as the applicants do not stay more than 180 days per year in Portugal, no taxation applies (except a modest property tax).
For example, if you have a family and business in UAE, you may want to stay most of the time in UAE to look after your business, but you will be able to enter and exit Europe anytime for business or vacation without needing to apply for a visa for Portugal.
It allows you to go to any Schengen countries and stay up to 90 days maximum in a 6-month period.